Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hi-ya! Birthday Asian Style

My little boy, Ethan, turned 6 this weekend -
how can that be - wasn't he just crawling?
He is getting to be quite the martial artist so we decided a
Taekwondo birthday would be it for this year!

Ethan and his Taekwondo instructor Mr. Do.

Ethan breaking a board.

Who gave that boy weapons for his birthday, oh, I did!

Have you ever seen a cake get cut with a sword??????

And, If you know me, you know I tend to go over the top
with my kids birthdays - but I live for them all year long,
so I thought I'd share some of the fun things I came up with:

Sushi

The layout with food and favors in Chinese Takeout boxes

The dragon cake

And of course, black belt cupcakes!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Francheska, I LOVE everything! I told Logan about the TKD party and he wants to ask his instructor if they have them (they do.) So I may be calling you for recipes in November! Amazing job, as always!!!

Kristi said...

Wow...I do not know WHERE you find the time to do this stuff...I can barely order a cake from Costco...you put me to shame, girl! Awesome job!!