Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's a Bzzzzzzzy Day!

Today is Ethan's teachers birthday. If you know me, you know I don't need an excuse to make a party! So I gladly got the project under way. We had all the children put their finger prints onto a ceramic pot, and then turned the prints into Bumblebees (her favorite).


But my favorite part was the Bumble Bee cupcakes. I LOVE baking - in fact I love it so much, I went through 8 bags of flour last month! Yikes! Thankfully - they were not all consumed in my house, but anyhow....I have a new love...fondant! And not the boxed kind you find in the store - it is super easy to make - and tastes way better! I love this fondant recipe!

So I had loads of fun coloring the fondant and creating little bees on top of my cupcakes!


And what bee hive doesn't have a queen?


The kids loved it! So did his teacher, and even better, I have a new way to play with my food!

No comments: